Friday, January 6, 2012

Addison's Baby Quilt- Rainbow Hexies


My dear friend Meredith had her second daughter in late November and named her Addison. In honor of her arrival I made this Random Rainbow Hexagon Baby quilt for sweet little Addi. 


 Meredith and her family always decorate with lots of color, so I thought using all of the colors of the rainbow in this quilt would be appropriate for their newest addition.


I recently learned how to paper piece Hexagons (Hexies) and love that you can work on them not behind the sewing machine, but while relaxing on the couch with a guilty pleasure reality show on the TV. :)


 A is for Addi!


Photo shoot outside our apartment in Santa Monica - taken on Christmas Day - which obviously was beautiful!


Addi's quilt made it safe and sound to the Cooper's new home up north in Los Gatos last week, and I hope she and her big sister Mikayla enjoy snuggling under it!

PS - Happy 2012 everyone. Here is to a great year of quilting on this blog and other good stuff too :)!

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute Missy! I love the colors you chose to work with and hexies are always a favorite in my book.

    ReplyDelete