Friday, April 29, 2011

My first pillow! For the LAMQG Home Goods Swap

Relaxing on our bed.



Front

At March's LA Modern Quilt Guild meeting, I decided to partake in a "Home Goods Swap". Another guild member would create a home goods item (pillow, place mats, table runner, etc) for me and I would get assigned a different member to create something for.

My member, Jessica, was pretty open on what she wanted made for her- and she mentioned liking grey backgrounds, and modern prints. I used some prints from Ty Pennington's line, Anna Marie Horner's Innocent Crush, and a mix of other fabrics I had from Sew Modern.

Back

I quilted the front with simple straight lines for a linear effect. The back is a simple envelope enclosure in a bright eclectic print. What do you think? I will be giving it to Jessica this Monday Night and will let you know what I receive! I hope she likes it~

front/back view

No comments:

Post a Comment