Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun, fast Baby Quilt commission- For Nathan

Patchwork Chevron Quilt 60" by 60"
 My cousins in Michigan are great supporters of my quilting habit/hobby/business. Lauren loved the quilt I made for newborn Max (now 7 months old!), so she commissioned a similar quilt for her friend CJ's new baby boy Nathan. I wasn't given much guidance other than CJ likes animal over sports themes. So I just went with what I like, and hope they all like it too! 


I started with the cute Owl/Squirrel/Bird print fabric from the Birch Circa 52 line (organic Woodland Friends) and then chose fun, modern fabrics that went with the grey, peacock blue, orange, and yellow palette. I am a sucker for a chevron print (especially in a Chevron quilt!) and love the trees from Lotta Jansdotter's new Bella line.

The backside
 The patchwork Chevron pattern was very easy to put together- 4" squares sewn into 9-patch blocks and then made into half square triangles with the solid Kona Ash fabric. So clean, modern and makes a big impact! For the back, I used up the fabric I had remaining and created a somewhat random strip frame around a patchwork "Nathan".

Sunny Fall Day!

New smaller Stencils used to spell NATHAN

I sent the quilt off to Michigan today- looking forward to both Lauren and CJ's feedback! Enjoy Baby Nathan!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It's so cute and you picked some awesome fabrics. I can't imagine that your friends wouldn't be through the moon with it!

    ReplyDelete